Subscriber Email Program Problems
MISC. PINE, AGENT & THE_BAT
Get rid of MIME quoted printable formating:
Needs to be configured for each language you have set up in Agent
- Select Options
- Select General Preferences
- Select Languages
- Under Usenet Text and Email Text, make sure MIME is off
PINE - UNIX
to set for US-ASCII character-set:
- Select "M" (main menu)
- Select "S" (setup menu)
- Select "C" (configure)
- Select "w" (Find word:) enter "character" for Character-Set and leave this blank (it defaults to US-ASCII) or set
it explicity to "US-ASCII"
- While in Configure - feature list, ensure that Include-attachments-in-reply is disabled
- Save, return and "Q" (quit) Pine
TheBAT Version 1.xx
to deal with 8-bit or non-ASCII characters :
not really an issue if all your email is in English alphabet .
- Select "Account" from the main menu
- Click on the "Transport" icon
- In the section "8-bit characters are treated", click on "Without changes"
to deal with 8-bit or non-ASCII characters & Base64 Quoted-printable encoding:
- Click on the "Options" icon
- Uncheck the check box in front of "Allow 8-bit characters in message header"
- Click OK
- Select "View" from the main menu
- Click on "Encoding" then select "None"
- Select "Options" from the main menu
- Select on "Language" then click on "English"