- POST-POLIO-MED: is an open forum for questions and answers to and from post-polio syndrome researchers, physicians and other post-polio syndrome medical professionals, polio Survivors, family, friends, students and others who are interested in post-polio syndrome.
This includes, but is not limited to: questions, answers and information about post-polio syndrome research, clinical issues, clinical trials and current treatment practices; support group, newsletter and other PPS related announcements.
To subscribe to Post-Polio-Med send an e-mail to:
Posts to the list are for subscribers only, archived and searchable and can be accessed from the
following link: Post-Polio-Med Web Page
- BLUEROLLER'S PPS SUPPORT: Nothing but spam on this list now.
- BRANSONGOERS: - Changed to PostPolioBransonGoers, This list is for polio survivors and spouses; friends or significant others who want to join the fun with our "chosen family" at our 14th annual get-together/reunion in Branson, Missouri (USA) June 8-10, 2012. This is not a convention or seminar, but a time to make new friends, visit with old ones, learn what PPS symptoms others are experiencing and how they're coping, share information, get LOTS of hugs, and laugh so much your sides might hurt. Sometimes we have speakers; some past topics have been service dogs, orthotics, and physical therapy.
In 2003, one of our members was married at the reunion and, in 2009, another couple renewed their wedding vows. We ALWAYS laugh, hug, eat, learn from one another and have a wonderful time! Come join our fun! And check out our website at www.PostPolioBransonGoers.org -- there's a ton of information, many links to PPS information and pictures from all of our reunions.Please understand this is private list. As polio suvivors, family and friends, we all understand the need of privacy and we will protect privacy rights to the best of our ability.
Subscribe by sending an email to PostPolioBransonGoersfirstname.lastname@example.org or via the group's web page: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PostPolioBransonGoers/
- BRITISH POLIO FELLOWSHIP'S LATE EFFECTS OF POLIO/PPS Forum:
Online PPS Bulletin Board. Open to the public, registration not required.
- CHRISTIAN_POSTPOLIO_SUPPORT: Where polio survivors can come together in Christian love and fellowship-- sharing and caring for one another.
To subscribe send an email to: Christian_PostPolio_Supportemail@example.com
or go to the web form on health.groups.yahoo.com/group/Christian_PostPolio_Support/
- CIPPSG: (was TheSupportPost) .. the Central Indiana Post-Polio Support Group email list .. has been discontinued.
- CTPOLIOOUTREACH: -
The Polio Outreach of Connecticut has discontinued their email list.
- CULEBRES2001 - No Longer exists
- EURO-POLIO: - Support group for post polio sufferers in Europe to discuss matters and provide support for one another.
To subscribe send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
or go to the web form on http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/euro-polio
- ELDERLYTEENS: -
This is a place for elderly teenagers with Polio to chat, offer advice and just know we're not alone.
To subscribe send an email to: ElderlyTeensemail@example.com
or go to the web form on http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/elderlyteens
- FOR_OUR_HEALTH: -
Private group for survivors of Post Polio Syndrome who seek to better their health and diet through the best possible means for themselves. This is not limited to diet alone. This list is to enlighten, encourage and to help motivate each other. Natural methods for dieting and health concerns are welcomed here for discussion. Please refrain from negative statements and be tolerant of others who may express a different view from your own.
To subscribe send an email to: For_Our_Healthfirstname.lastname@example.org
or go to the web form on http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/For_Our_Health/, listowner: For_Our_Healthemail@example.com
- HEALTHBOARDS'S POST-POLIO BULLETIN BOARD:
Online PPS Bulletin Board and email list. Arhives open to the public. To register go to:
- INFOPOLIO - Post Polio Syndrome Resources - Polio/PPS Information and The late effects of polio. Resources for people who have Post Polio Syndrome (PPS), with a lot of joke and religious posts.
- LISTAPOSTPOLIO: - "Grupo sobre el síndrome post-polio
Lista de discusión no moderada sobre la polio y el síndrome post-polio para recibir y aportar información contribuyendo a la difusión de este problema, intercambiando ideas y acelerando la búsqueda de soluciones y paliativos de los múltiples problemas que conlleva.
To subscribe a blank e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on
- MAY12: The purpose of this list is to serve as a communication link for members of the "May 12th Coalition", a group
of people representing mostly patients with CFIDS/CFS/M.E., Fibromyalgia, and R.E.D.D. (RNase-L Enzyme Dysfunction Disease), but also open to those with other neuro-immune-pain syndromes such as Post-Polio
Syndrome, Gulf War Syndrome, Multiple Chemical Sensitivities, Lupus, and Multiple Sclerosis. May 12th is International CFIDS/M.E. Awareness Day, or in some places in the U.S. CFIDS/FMS day; or a day for
recognizing the significance of the cluster of diseases that fall under the generalized umbrella of neuro-immune disorders. The May 12th Coalition will use the list to plan a national rally at the Capitol
Building in Washington D.C. within a week of May 12th (the date to be decided), as well as to help plan local activities, letter-writing campaigns, media campaigns, etc. All interested in working on May 12th activities are
welcome, but you will be asked to fill out a brief form providing information about your interests in the Coalition. Listowner Mary Schweitzer,
Subscribe by sending an empty email to May12email@example.com or use the form on
- MDSQUESTIONS: WARNING: Has become a group full of spams. A friendly site where professionals can post questions and or answers to the MDS/PPS dilemma. HAS BECOME A SPAMHAUSE
- MULTIPLE HEALTH PROBLEMS: -
Open to anyone suffering from chronic health problems and/or multiple health problems, including, but not limited to diabetes, post-polio, chronic pain, etc
To subscribe send a blank e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on
- NAPPSO: -National Adult Post Polio Support Organization. Yahoo and Google email lists:
A National Support Group for Adults with Post Polio Syndrome. Hence the name National Adult Post Polio Support Organization. The primary purpose of this group is to provide assistance, comfort and understanding, information, and direction to those suffering with the many ailments associated with Post Polio Syndrome.
P.P.S. is a disease which attacks Polio Survivors everywhere. The effects are most often misdiagnosed by most of the Medical Profession. The victims are often left thinking they are out of their minds or just have very vivid imaginations. They need a place to go where people will listen and understand what they are dealing/suffering with. People who can suggest Doctors and Clinics where they can go for the proper care and assistance they need and deserve.
This will be a STRESS FREE place where EVERYONE can get this type of support but, also have someone to whom they can vent their frustrations without fear of repercussions. The people they will be talking to will understand fully because they too, having P.P.S. themselves,have already been through what these people are going through. They will know how many of them have dealt with simular situations.
The entire body of members will be made up of individuals who have P.P.S. and are wanting to share with each other their problems as well as their solutions; discovered throught their own experiences and Doctors;to such a large variety of ailments.
The subjects which are not allowed to be discussed,on the Bulletin Board or in the Chat Room, will be Politics,and Devotees. We feel everyone is entitled to have their Own Beliefs on these subjects but, these WILL NOT be subjects for discussion on an open forum such as this.
All membership applications will be Monitored and all Message Posting will be Moderated. The Chat Room will always have a Moderator or Chat Host there when open, to be sure that all Rules and Regulations are adhered to. All persons with P.P.S. are Invited to JOIN NAPPSO
To subscribe to the yahoo list send a blank e-mail to:
NAPPSOemail@example.com@yahoogroups.com or use the form on
To subscribe to the google list use the form on http://groups.google.com/group/NAPPSO/
- NDPPolioandPostPolioCaucus - NOTE: as of 12-16-05 this group all but dead.. no posts since 2004. "This list is for the Polio or Post Polio Caucus. This is one many different disability caucus of the National Disability Party. This list only for people with Polio or Post Polio. "
For the entire list of caucuses go to http://www.disabilityparty.com/"
- OKPOLIOGROUP -
This group's purpose is to offer support and share information on doctors, therapists, equipment, coping skills etc., in the state of Oklahoma.
We have a local support group, Polio Survivors of Oklahoma Inc., which has recently been reactivated. We meet on the 4th Saturday of the month. If you would like more information contact me via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or simply post your request here and I will get back to you. I look forward to getting to know each of you and meeting up with some old friends.
My name is Linda and my husband and I live in Oklahoma City.
So please join us! We need people from all around the state that can share what they know about doctors and therapists in their area. Those of us in the major metro areas do not know which doctors to refer people to in places like Stigler or Woodward, etc. We need your help and input. It does not have to be experts in Polio but many people need a family doctor that knows Post-Polio is a fact and can be an issue in survivors' health care. Welcome, and I hope we can help each other.
NOTE: I ask is that politics be left out of discussions. I belong to a number of other groups and the subject of politics has caused many problems on in those groups. And of course being adults I am sure I will not have to remind everyone to be repectful of one another. Remember we are here to help each other.
- OMODChapterChat - The yahoo group closed 28 Feb. 2007.
Finally a place just for OMOD Post Polio Chapter volunteers to chat (via email)with each other, learn from each other and share ideas.
Subscribe to the google group: via email
via the group's web page
- P-LIFE: - List no longer up
- POLIO Once the only PPS forum on the internet, started back in '95 by Bob Mauro, RIP. A social, chat group with some PPS information going through it. To subscribe to Polio send an e-mail to:
- POLIOCANADA-E: was formerly PoliOntario..
"Like our 60 post polio support groups all over Canada - this online forum provides information, support and encouragement.
(Polio Canada, and its National Polio Survivors Network will be working hard to raise awareness about PPS in Canada. The national program will educate and inform health care professionals and polio survivors, offering them resources on the late effects of polio and post-polio syndrome. The program will continue to provide assistance to existing support groups and will establish new ones across Canada, in rural areas and within ethnic communities where there is a need. The program is funded in part by Health Canada, through its Population Health Fund.
For information about the group in your region call 1-800-480-5903 or visit the Polio Canada Web site at www.poliocanada.com.
Polio Canada is the leading service provider of education, information and peer support to polio survivors across Canada.
To subscribe, send an email to:
or go to: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/poliocanada-e/
- POLIOCANADANEWS: Polio Canada News is a forum brought to you by www.PolioCanada.com - this forum is restricted to postings on News and Information related to Polio and Post Polio Syndrome.
To subscribe, send an email to:
or go to the web form: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/poliocanadanews/
- POLIO-COM -
öffentliche Diskussionsliste für Jedermann mit Bezug zur
"Polio Initiative Europa e.V." http://www.polio-initiative-europa.de
- POLIOFRIENDS - "A group for all polio survivors to share support and friendship.This group is strictly moderated for the comfort of it's members."
- POLIO-GROUPS - "This group is currently 'mothballed' "The purpose of Polio-Groups is to provide a place on the Internet where polio survivors can obtain polio support group information, such as newsletters,
meeting schedules and special projects that may be in the process of being worked on by several
support groups. To subscribe send an e-mail to: email@example.com
with nothing or only a . in the SUBJECT: area and in the message body.
The List's archives, closed to all but subscribers, can be found at:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/polio-groups Listed owner is Chris Salter
- POLIOHISTORY - "A place to share stories and resources about the history of polio; from the epidemics, to the vaccines, to post polio syndrome, to eradication."
To subscribe send a blank e-mail to: PolioHistoryfirstname.lastname@example.org
with nothing or only a . in the SUBJECT: area and in the message body.
- POLIOKID - WARNING: Has become a bit of a spamhause. Almost all the posts to this list are spam now.
- POLIO-LIFE: Rest in Peace. 2nd oldest PPS related email list on the internet is no more.
A private forum for Lincolnshire Polio Network Members?
Archives closed to all but subscribers.
To subscribe send an email to:
LISTSERV@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM with the following command in the message body:
subscribe polio-network-lincs YourFirstName YourLastName This list has been made
- POLIO_ONLINE - Ohio Polio Network Support Group. No longer online
- POLIONTARIO: See PolioCanada-e
- POLIOPEOPLE - NOTE: This yahoo list seems to have become a list of spam and religious postings.
"Hi my name is Kerry and I am a polio survivor. I would like to meet anyone either in the same position as me or just to become friends. "
- POLIO-PPS-NEWS - This list will be for the posting of news (old and new) concerning polio and pps only. They will be posted in no specific order. Whenever we find news articles and/or stories we will post them in hopes of helping others. if you have articles or stories you would like posted, please send them to the list owner. Subscribe by sending a blank email to
email@example.com or going to the group web page: http:/groups.yahoo.com/group/polio-pps-news
- POLIOSAKKI - "Poliosakki on vertaistukiryhmä suomalaisille polioselviytyjille. Pohdimme porukalla, miten menestyä elämän shakkipelissä poliota ja erityisesti postpoliota vastaan. Eli puhelemme kaikesta polioselviytymiseen liittyvästä. Jotta keskustelu olisi helppoa jahuoletonta, ryhmässä käytyjen keskustelujen sisältöä ei välitetäulkopuolisille missään muodossa. Poikkeuksena ovat omat asiatja mielipiteet, joita jokainen saa kertoa vapaasti. "
- POLIOSOCIETY: "The Polio Society is a non-profit D.C Corporation whose purpose is to serve the multiple needs of the Post Polio population in our area, particularly those who are experiencing the late and long-term effects of post-polio.. To subscribe go to the web form on:
- POLIOSURVIVORS: WARNING: This yahoo email list has become overrun with spam lately. "This is a group for survivors of Polio. It may include all those experiencing new weakness, pain, or other
difficulties. Post Polio Syndrome is included. The purpose of this group is to help educate individuals and medical personnel about the problems and solutions that are
common with this disease. All those who have experience in this area are encouraged to submit information or ask for information. This includes, professionals, survivors and caretakers.
- POLIOUK -
"Welcome to the Leicestershire Post Polio Network. This group is for Polio sufferers to exchange information or their views among like minded individuals. The views expressed in the messages are not endorsed by PolioUK or the Leicestershire Post Polio Network. "
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/poliouk/ Leicestershire: http://www.poliouk.org
- POLIOWA - Self help group for polio survivors in Western Australia.. Email list is no longer available
- POLIO WARRIORS - NOTE: This list seems to have become a list of spam postings. This list is for the POLIO WARRIORS,their family and friends. Please post anything about yourself or someone you know that is a Polio Warrior. Share any health or medical news you have, and new updates on PPS Treatments,etc. Help us build a great online support group
To subscribe send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with nothing or only a . in the SUBJECT: area and in the message body
or use the form on the web page: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/polio-warriors/.
- POST-POLIO: ..
WARNING: This list requires you give personal information to the listowner. When asked, either lie or ignore, there is no valid reason for demanding this kind of information. "A meeting place for discussions on Post-Polio Syndrome (PPS) and the effect on all our lives and lifestyles. No flaming or criticisms of medical or other individuals, providers, Lists, or facilities is allowed." This list has two sublists, a private sublist called "pps-intimacy" and another called "pps-chatter". To subscribe to Post-Polio go to the web form:
http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/post-polio/. The list's archives, available only to subscribers, can be found via the same web page. Owned by Tom McKeever.
- POSTPOLIO - Welcome to the HealthShare International Support Network's community for individuals affected by 'Post Polio.' Members are also invited to check out the HealthShare International's Support Community Center. Our community center is a gathering place for members interested in meeting new friends and sharing disease information and support with others from over 1200 different disease support groups
- POSTPOLIO-AMIGOS - Spanish speaking: Compartir información sobre la polio y postpolio. To join this forum use the form on
- POSTPOLIOGROUP -
El Síndrome Postpolio - o efectos tardíos de la polio - es un grupo de síntomas progresivamente invalidantes que en algunas personas aparece décadas más tarde después de haber contraido la enfermedad. Estos síntomas - dolores articulares y musculares, fatiga general y debilidad - son parecidos a los comunmente asociados a otras enfermedades tales como la artritis, fibromialgia, síndrome de fatiga crónica y escoliosis.
- POST-POLIO-LIFE - This yahoo list no longer exists
- POSTPOLIOONLINEPEERSUPPORT - This yahoo list no longer exists
- PostPolio OtherHalves -
This group is for supporters(spouses, family members, or friends) of those that are suffering from the late effects of Polio.
The purpose is to allow a forum to discuss problems, fears, and concerns they are faced with each day in dealing with their loved ones postpolio.
The majority of our members have spouses that are members of our main group PostPolio Bransongoers. We meet each year in Branson, MO.
Membership is by approval only.
Post-Polio Conditions Discussion for Medical Professionals.
A private forum where Medical Professionals specialising in Post-Polio Conditions can exchange information and discuss all aspects of their work. Archives closed to all but subscribers.
To subscribe to Post-Polio-Rounds send an email to:
LISTSERV@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM with the following command in the message body:
subscribe post-polio-rounds YourFirstName YourLastName This list has been made
"confidential" disabeling the ability to subscribe.
- POSTPOLIOSYNDROME - Group pretty quiet, has had quite a bit of spam going through it. This room is open,and free,to all Polio Survivors, their caregivers, families,and friends of those now going through the various stages of Post Polio Syndrome. We are here to help, and discuss all the various aspects of Post Polio Syndrome If you have had Polio, are the caretaker of someone who has had Polio,or are a family member,or friend of someone who has had Polio, please feel free to register and chat with any of our members,or post to our Bulletin Board.
If you have not had Polio,or have no affiliation with anyone who has had Polio,and are here simply out of curiousity,or to form a link from this site to another site,we ask that you please respect our right to privacy and refrain from joining this group.
Unwanted attention,or those simply interested in making the acquaintance of men and women with disabilities are not welcome.
We ask that new members please take a few moments to register, and let us know a little about yourself. This would include when, and where you had Polio,as well as whatever else you would like to share with our members, so we can post this to our bulletin board.
We look forward to seeing you in our chats, and please bring all your questions to us, as we have a wealth of information we will share with you.If you have any problems registering as a member, please send an e-mail to email@example.com , or any of our members, and we will guide you through the registration process.
- Post-PolioandSurvivingOurLosses - This yahoo group no longer exists.
- POST-POLIO-SEQUELAE - This yahoo group no longer exists
- POSTPOLIOSYNDROMEUK - Post-Polio Syndrome UK.
A group for people within the United Kingdom who have had polio and are now suffering the later effects. Let us climb the hill together. To join this group use the form on
http://uk.groups.yahoo.com/group/postpoliosyndromeuk/ or send a blank email to:
- PPSOURDAILYJOYSANDSORROWS - This yahoo group no longer exists
- POST POLIO SUPPORT - Discussion, information exchange, and venting for Polio survivors and others interested in the syndrome such as spouses, friends partners, co-workers, etc. Including adaptive devices, fatigue, therapy, new technology and theories, meetings, etc. To join, use the form link off the group's main page:
- POSTPOLIOSURVIVORS_BRACESNWHEELCHAIRS - This yahoo group no longer exists
Open to all those affected physically or emotionally by PPS as well as all those with an interested in PPS whatever that interest may be. Support, chat, new medical info, etc. Just getting started here. All ages welcome if you want to know more about this condition or if you are a polio survivor with or without PPS or if you have someone in your life that deals with this. Seems to come as "digests" with email addresses of posters' removed.
Subscribe by sending an empty email to Post_Polio_Syndromefirstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on
- POST_POLIO_SYNDROME_IN_IOWA - Formation of a group of polio survivors, who are living in the area of Iowa. To bring support and help to those of use who now are
experiencing Post Polio Syndrome. To subscribe send an e-mail to:
with nothing or only a . in the SUBJECT: area and in the message body or use the form on the web page:
- POST-POLIO SYNDROME MUTUAL AID SOCIETY - This google group no longer exists
"The Post-Polio Resource Group of Southeastern Wisconsin (PPRG) was formed in 1985 by a group of polio survivors who were experiencing new symptoms of pain,
weakness, fatigue, and breathing problems. PPRG's aim is to provide information and support to polio survivors and their families and to educate the medical community and
the general public about post-polio syndrome(PPS). This list is one way we hope to further that aim. If you or someone you know had polio,
we invite you to join. " "The Post-Polio Resource Group of Southeastern Wisconsin (PPRG) is trying something new. We are inviting friends and members to join a web-based
discussion group so we can stay in closer contact with each other, wherever we are. Please let us know what you thlink of this service.
Remember, the messages you send to the list will be for everyone on the list to read (but not available to others not signed up)."
To subscribe a blank e-mail to:
email@example.com or use the form on
- PPS-CHATTER - Greetings! - This PPS List is a spin-off of the larger post-polio@yahoo list. It replaces the current "Off-Subject-Chit-chat" list: "firstname.lastname@example.org"
because of the pending loss of that Server. PLEASE keep PPS-Centric conversations ON the Main
"post-polio@yahoo" to share with ALL the PPS folks, reserving this List for NON-PPS-related fun things and contests, puzzles, jokes, and that kinda stuff (No attached files, tho') Subscription: email@example.com
- PPS-CG - Care Givers for those with Post-Polio-Syndrome, " A caregivers E-mail list ... for those who love and care for people with PPS. The purpose of this group is share experiences,
questions, joys, and sorrows as we care for those who are suffering with this illness." To subscribe send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
with nothing or only a . in the SUBJECT: area and in the message body or use the form on the PPS-CG web page:
- PPSG_EDITORS - "This group is for the discussion of purpose, approach, methods, and techniques of producing a newsletter or similar publication.", Moderated and Private
Subscription: FIRST, email PPSG_Editors Listowner(s) and state what newsletter or similar PPS Publication you are affilated with and what email address he should look for, then send a blank message to:
PPSG_Editors web page
- PPSERSAFRICA -
This yahoo group no longer exists
- PPSersANDJESUS - This is an ADULT group. PSERSandJesus: Post Polio survivors share their love for Jesus and each other.
To subscribe send an e-mail to:
with nothing or only a . in the SUBJECT: area and in the message body or use the form on the PPSERSANDJESUS web page:
- PPS_INTIMACY -
WARNING: Do NOT give personal information to people over the net unless you know them real well.. your safety is in YOUR hands. If asked, be very vague or even lie. The assumption of "safety" implied by such vetting is false.
"members of the various Post-Polio-Syndrome groups ONLY. NO Fetishistics or Crip-lovers allowed and all new-membership posts will be subject to initial, but not permanent moderation for content germane to our unique situations as Polio Survivors. ... restricted-access group with initial-postings moderated to minimize unwelcome or youthful participants! (We are NOT listed under the "adult" YAHOO category, either). Moderator(s) will have final "say" in dealing with any unsettled or generally-offensive matters, complainers, foul-mouths, pornographic images/stories/postings, and all persistent deviations from this basic premise: "Keep it respectful and be considerate of all others in your use of this List ..."
- PPS_LIBRARY - "A place to find links and information on Post Polio Syndrome and the many things which may help. No attachments will be accepted. This is not for chat purposes, but for the centralization of materials found which may be of benefit to PPS and those interested in learning more. Most of the information has been found while searching through the web."
- PPSOURDAILYJOYSANDSORROWS -
WARNING: Do NOT give personal information to people over the net unless you know them real well.. your safety is in YOUR hands. If asked, be very vague or even lie. The assumption of "safety" implied by such vetting is false and dangerous.
"We are a group of polio survivors/family/friends who are interested in sharing and learning about post polio. But we also realize that pps has changed everything in our lives and want/appreciate the support of each other. To share both our hopes, dreams, and sorrows.
Some emails may be long because we believe in allowing a person to vent and thats what we want to be here for. We also believe if you think an email is to long that is what the delete key is for.
Our biggest rule is to be polite to others and no bashing of each other or doctors ect."
Subscription: via email: email@example.com
via web: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/ppsourdailyjoysandsorrows/
- PPS_LIBRARY -
"A place to find links and information on Post Polio Syndrome and the many things which may help. No attachments will be accepted. This is not for chat purposes, but for the centralization of materials found which may be of benefit to PPS and those interested in learning more. Most of the information has been found while searching through the web."
- PPS_TECH -
"for requesting and submitting TECHNICAL information regarding Post-Polio Syndrome (PPS) and it's treatment, enabling equipment, diagnoses, coping methods, etc." [WARNING: DO NOT GIVE OUT PERSONAL INFORMATION OVER THE INTERNET.. FUDGE IF YOU HAVE TO!]
- PRIVATE-POLIO -
A private e-forum for polio survivors who were abused as children either in the hospital or afterwards.
This is certainly a very sensitive topic and so the forum is strictly confidential.
Membership will not be open and people wishing to join the group will need to request to join.
There are no archives of messages, you will not be able to go online to view old messages and
there will not be a list of members available online.
This forum is for survivors only and anyone subscribing should note
that there will be no professional counsellor as a member of the group or
therefore facilitating discussions. You should seek out a qualified
professional counsellor to help you to come to terms with these memories
from the past.
- PSA (Polio Survivors & Associates): This yahoo group no longer exists
- RINCON DE POST POLIO DE LM - This yahoo group no longer exists
- SAFEHAVENFORPPS - This yahoo group no longer exists
'A forum for those with a "sub-paralytic" polio diagnosis now suffering PPS'
To subscribe send a blank e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on
- THE STEALTH VIRUS SUPPORT GROUP - NOTE: There have been no posts through the group since 2004 as of 12-16-05.
"Stealth Viruses" are viruses that have undergone a "Stealth" adaptation to avoid elimination and detection by the Immune System. "Stealth Virus" is a Simian Cytomegalovirus (SCMV) of the Herpes Family whose DNA sequencing can be traced back to the African Simian monkey whose kidney tissue has been used to grow the polio vaccine, and can cause a serious, chronic and persistent infection affecting many organs and systems, particularly the Central Nervous System.
This support group for Stealth Virus victims will provide an opportunity for sharing individual Stealth Virus journeys; treatment protocols that are successful, or at least helpful; and hope for the future.
Medical journal articles, publications, and presentations regarding Stealth Virus will be made available. All Medical Professionals and Research Scientists involved in the research,diagnosing, and treatment of the disease are welcome.
In an attempt to keep the site as professional as possible, I'm asking that the message board remain a place of publication, presentation, and sharing of Stealth medical journeys and treatment protocols. I ask that all personal interaction remain in the chat room , and via personal e-mail.
I am also asking that we all try to stay focused on Stealth Virus and the illnesses it is known to cause, as well as those we are discovering it to cause, without putting emphasis on any one illness.
To subscribe send an empty e-mail to:
TheStealthVirusSupportGroupemail@example.com or use the form on the page:
- TEMPOLIO - The purpose of TemPolio is to serve as a small, safe and supportive place where those dealing with polio/PPS can bring sensitive, tender, embarrassing, difficult, playful and wonderful feelings and questions. While "off topic" is NOT a category that will be used here, warfare (political, religious or any other kind) does not go well with "safe and supportive" Group members are asked to wage peace instead.
or go to yahoo via the web and subscribe/unsubscribe there: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/tempolio/
- YOUNG POLIO SURVIVORS GROUP - WARNING: Nothing but spams going through this group. "Hi! I'm Colin Robertson and I am a 16 year old polio survivor. I am setting this group up in the hope that it will stimulate the exchange of information on polio.
To subscribe send an empty e-mail to:
firstname.lastname@example.org or use the form on the page: